2016-08-22

How to use V-Shape Cable Needle

1. Pick up stitches with short end.
3.Then, slide stitches to long end to work. 
2. Drop needle to work next stitches.

 We have different shapes of cable needles.  Cable needle works like an extra hand.  I have tried three shapes of cable needles, and V-shape (or U-shape) needle with different length on each end gave me a hard time at first....until I found out how to use it correctly! At first, I think I inserted its long end to pick up stitches.  I often dropped stitches from short end when I tried to work on them.  Something was wrong. So, next, I inserted the short end first, then slide stitches that I picked up to long end to finish cable.  It worked very good!  -- I didn't drop stitches at all!  I tried 'straight' and 'dent in the center' shape needles before, and they were simple to use.  Just insert one end, and then, slide stitches to the other end to work.  However, about V-shape needle with different length of ends, there was a certain way to use. When I learned how to use V-shape cable needle, cable making became more fun for me!  V-shape cable needle also works great to hold slippery yarn in the curved area.  I personally like a thinner needle than the working needles.  It picks up stitches easily. 

No comments: