2016-08-09

Begin with a smiple intartia knitting!



I am a big fan of Fair Isle knitting.  I found a beautiful Fair Isle sweater in a store yesterday.  It was a sweater...it is Summer...so I didn't buy it anyway.  Just took a look at it, and I felt as if my mind were absorbed in the beautiful multi-color of scenery.  I was not sure if it was made by hand or machine knitted, but it was sure that  the result of using multiple color of yarns was stunning!  I admire the skill and I would like to make it mine!  Multi color yarn knitting is also called 'Intartia knitting.'  I thought using two colors is the good start for me.  Darker color and Pale color combination could create a good contrast.  I searched my mom's old knitting book, and I found cute rose pattern.  I added some dots above the pattern.  I was very excited once I started to see the rose pattern.  While I was knitting this cute hat, I was already thinking of knitting with China blue yarn.  That will be my next project!  I believe that any color would be beautiful to make this hat as long as you use darker color for rose on pale background.  (or Pale color for rose on Dark color background.)

No comments: