2015-12-25

This is how I spend the year end!

   Merry Christmas to you all!  It has become a warm Christmas day!  Stores are closed and people are having a good quiet time with their families.  I have nowhere to go and I have nothing to do.... I decided to start making a new mitten pattern.
bought a skein of yarn as a Christmas gift for myself!  I found a cute yarn shop on the way to North Hills Art Center where I needed to deliver my show items.  The store name is Dyed In The Wool.  (3458 Babcock Boulevard, Pittsburgh,  PA 15237 Phone:412-364-0310, www.ditwpa.com)  I had heard of this store, but I didn't have a chance to visit there until then.  There were two nice ladies in the store (I guess they were owners of the store), sitting and busy working on knitting!  They generously let me touch yarns on their shelves, and I enjoyed their collection of yarns and their colors.  It was very difficult for me to pick one skein of yarn from their huge collection, but I was able to 'meet' my kind of yarn in the end.  The yarn that I bought was called Canopy fingering by The Fibre Company.   I worked this much in the picture, and I really like this yarn.  It has a nice and smooth texture and shimmer!  I am looking forward to seeing my finished work soon!  I will post the progress of my mitten making!  Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 

No comments: