2015-11-11

What are you going to do with left over sock yarn?

   I have a lot of left over sock yarn in my yarn box.  Each sock yarn has different colors and textures.  I know that I should throw away small balls of yarn that is under 1- inch diameter, but I always make excuse like this; "I may need them for some projects later."  Then, my wee little yarns are accumulating endlessly.  
   One day, when I saw my mini yarn balls in a plastic bag, I really felt sorry for them --- without being used, they were just left alone for a long time!  Their colors were still nice, and I decided to make eggs!  Self-striping yarn creates beautiful stream of colors by just knitting, but solid color of yarn needs some help from some contrasted colors to give it a kick.  I drew some design pictures, think this and that...and, I ended up making a pattern for knitted eggs to use left over yarns!  (It is available at my Etsy store )  It is always good to see yarn is not wasted and becomes "something."  I sometimes bring these eggs to craft shows, and I learned how people use them.  Some people think the knitted eggs would be a good toy for their pets and some people use it as a finger exercise ball!  Anyway, I am happy to know my knitted eggs are considered as useful things!  

No comments: