2017-01-30

Cherry Blossom Crochet Scarf

 My mother used to make me a lot of cute outfits when I was young.  I was always big fan on her creations and I still am.  I guess she likes all the feminine stuff - lace, flower, and frills! 
 One day, my father asked me if I was interested in going to a music concert with him.  I really wanted to go with him, and I asked my mom to make me a nice outfit for the special occasion.  I think I was just turned to 4 years old.  I asked her if she could make a pants suits!  I was not big on skirt at that time.  Anyway, she said "OK!" and she immediately started working on it.  I don't know how many days took for her to finish my pants suits, but they were very pleasing to my eyes. On the shoulder, there was frills .  There were frills on the cuffs of pants, too! In the end ... I was more proud of my suits than going to the concert! 

I believe creating cute stuff is really good for my soul.  Looking at lovely creations gives me so much energy to go though real life's toughness.  Winter coldness - this is one of the toughness of life - I wanted to see something that gives me warmth - Spring Warmth.  I turned the pages of my old patterns - mostly my mom's hand down - and I found this cute flower pattern.  I needed to make something with the pattern.  So, I tested a few yarn to decide what kind of yarn was good to make a cute spring scarf.  I picked size 2 pink ombre yarn.  The crochet hook size was E/4.  Here is the picture!   I just listed this scarf on my Etsy store, Kay Clair Goodies.  I would like to try making this scarf with other colors soon!


 

No comments: