2015-10-07

Beaded Choker--Turkish Oya

   I found a book about Turkish beaded edging at a local library.  The beaded edging is called Oya.  Until I encountered this book, I did not know anything about the beautiful art work of Turkey.  According to Wikipedia, Oya is a common feminine name or it means 'lace.'  The book that I picked up was for Turkish lace work with beads.  Since I was a child, I always liked intricate art work, and beaded Oya caught my attention immediately.  When I see something beautiful, I cannot resist holding the work in my hands.  So, I decided to make something by using the technique of Oya.  I have been crocheting with fine yarn, but with beads, it is an another story.  I threaded some beads and started following the instructions...it was not so easy!  First time is always difficult.  I know about that.  So, I decided to try making ONE cluster only, hoping that it would be easier if I could finish one by one...When I saw my completion of one cluster, I felt elated at the result very much!!  And in the end, my beaded Oya work became long enough to make a choker necklace!  I probably try making a bracelet next time! 

2 comments:

gamas said...

Please correct "I did not anything.." in line 2 to "I did not know anything...".

Thanks,

Sandcrab

Kana Eckstrom said...

Thanks for your correction!