2015-10-13

Yarn talks- Ombre Yarn


    Ombre yarn -- sometimes it is called 'self-striping yarn.'  Originally, the word 'ombre' is a French term and its meaning is 'shaded.'  I have used ombre yarns for several times, and I always like the visual effect of them.  Ombre yarn is a kind of a 'magical yarn' for me.  When I start working with an ombre yarn, my mind is fully occupied with my inexplainable joy about its color change.  I like using simple 'knit' stitch when I work on this kind of yarn because I think the simple stitch helps the yarn to show its beautiful shade.   I sometimes even feel as if the yarn were talking to me like this - "I don't need your skill, just 'knit' and make me look beautiful!"  If you are an avid knitter, I think you can understand what I have experienced.  Yes.  Yarn talks to us.  Yarn tells us what we have to make from it.  We can say ombre yarn has a quite personality in this point.    

No comments: