2015-10-15

Reversible Cable Stitch

   There are a lot of stitches that I would like to try.  One of those stitches was 'reversible cable stitch'.  I found a scarf which was made by this cable technique in a book - Scarf Style 2 by Ann Budd (Publisher: Interweave) .  At first, I was hesitated to try because it looked very difficult to me - I kept thinking,  'I have never tried reversible cable stitches....Can I really make this scarf??'  I could not decided if I should try this scarf for three days!  In the end, I was tired of my 'negative' way of thinking, and I just grabbed a ball of yarn and a long circular needle.  I ignored its gauge instruction!  It was not a matter for me at all - if it became too big or too small - the size of finished work was not a problem for me. My curiosity about learning this cable stitches won over!  I follow the instruction religiously. The instruction was awesome! The shape of this scarf is a crescent.  It means, the number of stitches are increasing by the rows.  The huge number of stitches - 482 stitches at the final increasing row - was the only overwhelming thing for me,  but by then, I was able to see the cable stitches that I had made!  It was really good to know that reversible cable stitch was not so difficult than I expected.  
  A reversible wardrobe is very easy to wear -  we do not have to worry about which is front and back!   This scarf will be very handy for this winter!  Would you like to try making this scarf?!  It is your turn to try this!   Don't worry, you can do it!  
   About the book that I introduced above, it has a great collection of scarves - 26 scarf patterns!   You probably can find the one you would like in the book!  About the yarn that I used is Loops & Threads® Impeccable™ Yarn, Solid (color : Deep Forest).  - about 2 balls.
 The needle you will need is size 8 circular needle (32 inches - 40 inches).  

No comments: