2015-10-25

My favorite book of Fair Isle pattern - 200 Fair Isle Motifs

   I like to go to my local library to find new and old knitting books.  I have some books that I often 'renew' the period of borrowing.  One of those books is 200 Fair Isle Motifs - A Knitter's Directory, by Mary Jane Mucklestone - (c) INTERWEAVE.   It introduces from one or two-colored pattern with small number of stitch repetition to multiple-colored ones.  I often refer to this book when I want to find a cute pattern and color combinations.  All stitches has colored-pattern and that is very helpful.  Most of my yarn stock is 'worsted weight' and I love using patterns from this book for my hat project!  The pattern on the hat in the picture is made by 4-stitch repetition and 4 colors.  When I don't have exactly the same color of yarn as the book shows, I need to think about the color combination by myself.  It is always a challenging work for me to do that.  I really admire the beautiful colors of Fair Isle pattern in the book. When I open this book, I always feel like that I have a very kind 'teacher' sitting next to me!  I strongly recommend this book if you are thinking of learning Fair Isle patterns! 

No comments: