2015-10-17

Yarn Engineer - Stephen West

   I admire Stephen West very much.  Every time I see his works, I cannot help thinking that he is an engineer of yarn.  His design reminds me of an architecture which has a beauty and a function.  He has a lot of shawl patterns and they look very beautiful and Kakko-i-i (=Japanese word, and it means 'cool').  I like all kinds of cool stuffs.  When something is created, it always starts from an imagination.  He is the person who can visualize his imagination with yarn.  I want to try doing the same thing, but on my finished work, it is hard to see my first imagination.  I mean, sometimes, the work is far from it!  How can he make such a wonderful art work?!  I really wish that I had at least 1 of 10,000 of his talent.  To get to know his work better, it may be a good idea to try his pattern first.  Well, I am not yet experienced knitter.  So I need to pick one that looks simple to me. (I wonder if there is such thing for me....)  Wish me luck!  
   You can find his patterns and books at the following links.
* jimmy beans wool  
* Ravelry  
*WEBS-America'sYarn StoreTM

No comments: